Deities and Empowerments
of Open Heart Yoga
Open Heart Yoga has 3 levels of techniques and 3 levels of empowerments.
You receive the 1st level empowerment when you learn Open Heart Yoga (OHY) level 1. There is no bhumi requirement for this. After learning OHY1, you may join Open Heart Sangha-group at Facebook, if you feel that this is the path you wish to follow.
The 2nd level empowerment is received when you open the 6th bhumi and have met the head teacher in person. Simultaneously you will also get access to OH11-group at Facebook which is a discussion group for this level of practice.
The 3rd level empowerment is received when you open 11th bhumi. Simultaneously you get access to OH13-group at Facebook which is a discussion group for this level of practice.
OHY2 and OHY3
For learning a new level one has to have properly learned the techniques of the previous level. For learning the techniques of OHY2 or OHY3 one has to join courses in person or online. We have recorded video lessons of both levels. Usual course fees apply.
All levels are meant to be practiced together.
Aspects of Guru Rinpoche and Yeshe Tsogyal
First Empowerment – Two Syllable Mantra
1. Guru Rinpoche/Padmasambhava
2. Kuntuzangpo (GR, peaceful, skt. Samantabhadra, 13. bhumi)
3. Kuntuzangmo (YT, peaceful, engl. Blue Tara skt. Samantabhadri, 13. bhumi)
4. Vajradhara (GR, peaceful, tib. Dorje Chang, 12. bhumi)
5. Saraswati (YT, peaceful, tib. Yang Chenma, 12. bhumi)
6. Nyima Ozer (GR, peaceful, 11. bhumi)
7. Prajna Paramita (YT, peaceful, tib. Yum Chenma, 11. bhumi)
8. Avalokiteshvara (GR, peaceful, tib. Chenrezig)
9. White Tara (YT, peaceful, skt. Avalokiteshvari, tib. Jetsun Dolma)
10. Dorje Drollo (GR, wrathful)
11. Vajrayogini (Yeshe Tsogyal's aspect, wrathful, tib. Dorje Naldjorma)
12. Dorje Gotrab (GR, wrathful Medicine Buddha, skt. Vajra Raksha)
Second Empowerment – Three Syllable Mantra
(received at 6th bhumi)
13. Drakpo (GR, wrathful)
14. Drakmo (YT, wrathful)
15. Mahakala (GR, , wrathful, tib. Gonpo)
16. Mahakali (YT, wrathful, tib. Gonmo)
Third Empowerment – Four and Five Syllable Mantra
(received at 11th bhumi)
17. Troma Nagpo (GR, wrathful)
18. Black Tara (YT, wrathful, skt. Krishna Tara, tib.Troma Nagmo)
19. Vajrakilaya (GR, wrathful, tib. Dorje Phurba)
20. Red Tara (YT, wrathful, skt. Kurukulla, tib. Rikchema)
21. Nidra Tara (YT, sleep deity, engl. Dark Blue Sleep Tara, fifth syllable only)